The Global Goals Impact Games is run by Eir Soccer, a non-profit sports Association under Danish Law. We are what is called a data processor, because we use the data that our players, volunteers and followers submit to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy and we take our responsibility regarding the security of your information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information. We are continuously working to update our data protection processes.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, and preferences eg. for one of the UN Global Goals. We may collect personal data from you when you register for a newsletter, a tournament or and event. Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
a. Name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number,
b. Personal details such as your nationality, birthdate and gender.
c. Information you provide about yourself and your team.
d. Information about your use of our website and/or our Global Goals Action Lab (Under construction)
e. The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, chat service, calls, and social media.
WHAT WE USE YOUR DATA FOR; WHY AND HOW LONG
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
a. Sending newsletters about our activities
b. Contacting you to ask you to answer a survey
c. Contact you with information about our activities close to you or related to your area of interest.
d. Analyzing our user profile and documenting our impact.
Only players aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the children’s’ parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have two different data controllers: MailChimp, Sendin Blue and Canopy LAB Both are in strict compliance with the new EU Personal Data Regulations (GDPR) and have state of the art security measures in place to secure the safe storage of your data.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA We do not share your personal data without your explicit consent. We may agregate anonymised statistics about you, or share your name and photo as part of promoting our events and your efforts to support the SDG's.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact our data processing officer: Rikke Rønholt through ggwcup(@)gmail.com We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.